I graduated on Saturday, and it's still pretty surreal to me. I never thought that day would come, and now that it has passed, it seems almost like a dream. I feel like I'm just on vacation, like- oh, I'm just gonna go hang out in Disney World for a while, no big.... except it hasn't set in that I won't be going back to school. I've now entered that seemingly fairytale place that adults refer to as "The Real World", and they're not talking about the TV show. I think that this also means that I am an "Adult", maybe, I guess... I mean, I'm nearly 24, so technically that's been true for almost 6 years, but I was never finished with my education, or mooching off my parents till now (ok, fine, I may continue mooching off them for a couple more months).
I find it funny that my graduation day was the "day of rapture" I'm not a religious person, but I did find a certain philosophical meaning behind it for me- It was a day of ending; the end of my educational life, the end of classrooms, tests and homework. The end of the schooling chapter, and the beginning of a new life of working, responsibility, and learning how to live more independently.
This just seems like an insane point in my life, but the DCP will be a great transition. They help to ease into the responsibility, of work and living on my own. I've done it before so it won't be too new, but it'll def make it easier for whatever comes after the program.
No comments:
Post a Comment